Monday, April 1, 2013

March FPP - the San Francisco Treat

Another package, more food, new interesting facts to spew out at unsuspecting people.

First, if you are interested in Foodie Penpals, check out the end of this post, or my other FPP Posts (November and January) for the info. Just know it is awesome and worth it.

If you want to see what I sent this time check out Sarah's blog over at Food, Fun and Life in Waukesha.

This month my Foodie Penpal was Elizabeth from lawstudentscookbook. Her note was wonderful and explained that she was sending food from her hometown of San Francisco, CA. What she didn't know is that is one of my favorite cities in this country. Her note also mentioned that attached to each food item was a printout of information and history that explained why she included it in her selection. Let's just say this history major and lover of all things in unnecessary knowledge was thrilled.

Check out the spread! And look at all those little
historical notes about each. Perfect!

I loved the information. I also have had a chance to try almost everything! My obvious statement is I love the chocolate. Duh. But the great and wonderful surprise is the croutons. They are so crispy and light, made from sourdough, and so great on my salads. I will be very sad when they are gone.

I am very interested in the Green Goddess dressing. I have not heard of this before and it seems almost like a cross between ranch and caesar so I am intrigued.

The sweets came with me to work. I have the chocolate bar in my desk for those days when CHOCOLATE! The fortune cookies were shared with the rest of the staff and were gone by lunch the day I brought them in. And I think you have seen my several rice-related posts, so yeah rice!

Overall another great package and new foods to watch for in my travels and recipe mining. 

Check out how to become a pen pal and what the program includes at www.theleangreenbean.com.

The Lean Green Bean




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I haven't ever had so much fun putting a box together :)

    ReplyDelete