Thursday, January 31, 2013

Guest Post by Arianna - The Foodie Penpal package I sent to PA



I just want to start off by thanking Molly for allowing me to hijack her blog for this post. I found foodie pen pals through another blog, Fit In Heels (fitness and fashion, what could be better). Anyway when I signed up for the first time this month, I didn’t know what to expect. Well I was quite pleased with the results! Molly here was very understanding with my vegan lifestyle and tried her best to accommodate. Molly sent me some delicious Dark Chocolate Caramel Pop-Corn with a spicy kick. Since caramel isn’t vegan, I just had to go against my vegan choices and taste this delicious looking popcorn. And boy was it good! Also in this awesome selection of food from Minnesota is a mix for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. Again not vegan, but I have some Almond Milk and Vegan Cheddar Cheese that I will use with the mix. I’m excited to see how they turn out this weekend! The Wild Rice was really yummy with some Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Peas and Broccoli thrown in. I added lots of spices too. I think I might add some sort of sauce to the leftovers to change it up a bit. There is a salsa that I can’t wait to open up and try, but the rest of the salsa in my fridge has to go first. Lastly there’s a Nut Roll that looks really delicious. That one isn’t vegan, so I’m not sure yet if I’ll be trying it, but someone I know definitely will! One thing that Molly didn’t know was that I’m now eating gluten free too (gluten free vegan I must be crazy!). To be fair, I didn’t know that either until after I received her little taste of Minnesota. Lucky for me, ALL of this food happens to be gluten free so I get to enjoy everything. So thank you Molly for sending me some delicious treats, and for allowing me to use your blog to share how much I enjoyed getting some new foods to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment